Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Three bears for lunch

One of my family's favorite foods is what I call egg muffins. They are actually mini omelets that I cook in a muffin pan. Z loves these for lunch. He won't eat eggs boiled (oh, how I miss using the super cute egg molds out there), but he will eat them cooked other ways. These are just the right size for kids, and they are very easy to make. I make these pretty often because we love breakfast foods for dinner. I'll post the recipe for those of you that want to try them.




This lunch is packed in Easy Lunch Boxes.
*egg muffin- recipe to follow
*white cheddar cheese Nips
*strawberries
*corn on the cob and red cherry tomatoes
*Yoplait dye-free yogurt
*Pacific brand organic cranberry sauce (Z loves cranberry sauce. Most brands contain high fructose corn syrup, which I try to avoid. I found Pacific brand at a Whole Foods Market.)
*mustard in the small green cup for dipping
*linked to Bentolunch.net/ What's For Lunch Wednesday

Things I used to make this lunch:
Silicone bear food cup
Wilton silicone baking cup
various bear food picks available at BentoUSA



2 comments:

  1. I love looking at your lunches for inspiration! I just wish my little guy would eat half of that stuff. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Julie...thanks so much!! Z is a pretty good eater, but there are a ton of foods that I wish he would eat. He loves fruit, but will only eat certain veggies in his lunch. I just have to rotate the veggies he will eat. He loves yogurt, but today it came home untouched. He ate it for a snack when he got home from school. I pack foods that I know he likes, and some days he eats every bite, and some days half of his lunch comes home. I guess that's a 6 yr old for you!

    ReplyDelete