Having a little fun with one of my favorite cutters today, the Funbites Shaped Food Cutter.
Today's lunch is made using the Funbites Cube It cutter. The little guy loves foods served on a stick, and these little squares are the perfect size for the smaller food picks. The Funbites cutters are great for fruits and veggies, too. I used it to cut the carrots into cute square shapes. The second lunch above was made using the Funbites Cube It, also. You can see this lunch HERE.
The Funbites cutter is very easy to use. I think through trial and error I have finally perfected the knack of using it to cut PB&J's without making a big 'ole scary mess. Here's how:
1) Spread the peanut butter and jelly (or whatever you are using) on the bottom slice of bread, but do not top it with the other slice.
2) Place the top slice on a flat surface and press the Funbites cutter onto it. Do not pop the bread pieces out yet.
3) Take the cutter with the bread pieces still in the grid and place it on top of the slice with the peanut butter and jelly.
4) Press the Funbites cutter into the bottom slice and rock the cutter back and forth to make the cuts.
5) Now use the popper piece to push the cubes out of the cutter. No muss no fuss no coconuts!!
This lunch is packed in the ever awesome Easy Lunch Boxes.
*peanut butter and strawberry all-fruit spread sandwich cut with Funbites Cube It.
*carrot squares cut with the Funbites Cube It
*Granny Smith apple slices
*Yoplait dye-free yogurt with bear pick
*grapes in the suitcase food cup and blueberries
*linked to: Bento for Kidlet/ Meatless Monday
*linked to:BentoLunch.net/ What's for lunch Wednesday
Some of the things I used to make this lunch:
Suitcase style silicone food cup