Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Yumbox lunches are Yummy....

We really love the Yumbox. It's a very versatile lunch box, and it actually holds quite a lot of food. Z likes having his food separated, too, so the Yumbox is great for him. I started using the Yumbox a few weeks ago, and I plan to do a formal review after I've used it a few more times.





Today, we have a Yumbox full of fish. The doggie theme Yumbox above can be seen Here.



*Natural Selects bologna sandwich with bologna fish on top- decorated with edible food marker
*sweet peas with carrot shaped fish
*strawberries and blueberries
*Pepperidge Farms Goldfish
*Yoplait vanilla yogurt with strawberry swimming fish
*Pepperidge Farms s'mores flavor Goldfish Grahams in the dip/treat cup


Some of the things I used to make this lunch:



4 comments:

  1. That does hold a lot. I use the Zojirushi tiffin jar. It keeps food hot, but I am looking for something such as this for the summer time when we go on day trips. Something like this would be perfect for my 10yo daughter. I look forward to reading your review.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Opal... We really like this lunchbox. It holds plenty of food for my 6 yr old, and he's a pretty hearty eater. If your 10 yr old eats a lot though, it might be too small for her. The box itself is very small. It's not insulated, either, so keep that in mind. And it's very pricey (to me) about $30. I splurged on it because of all the divided sections (Z is picky about his food touching). I'm planning to do a formal review over the winter break when my kids are out of school. So glad you stopped by!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll keep hunting, she does eat a lot. Oh I know it's not insulated, that would not be an issue for a few hours. I'm looking at a container that will hold cold/lukewarm foods for her to snack on while we are on the road. The yumbox is much cheaper than the Zojirushi. I paid a little over $62 for that, but it's definitely worth the price. Six hours later and my daughters food is still hot, perfect since that means homemade leftovers are packed in her lunch.She loves that!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Opal, I'm going to check out that Zojirushi. I'm always looking for neat new lunch items. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete