Monday, December 16, 2013

Ritz cracker snowman...

My kids love the prepackaged Ramen noodles. And they really love having it in their lunches, especially when it's cold outside. Ramen noodles are not a usual choice in the lunch box because they are, let's face it, not very healthy (which is probably why they taste so good). I try very hard to pack healthy lunches for my kidlets, but, every now and then, you just gotta step outside the box and give them a lunch surprise. So, today I've decided to refrain from being the soup nazi (yes, I'm a Seinfeld fan), and pack some good 'ole belly warming Ramen noodles. Yummo!!

And nothing goes better with Ramen noodles than Ritz crackers. So, in keeping with the winter themed lunches of late, I made a Ritz cracker snowman.



In this lunch:
*Ramen noodle soup packed in a Thermos
*Ritz cracker snowman with sprinkles for buttons- the head is a homemade pick that I made from a holiday decoration
*applesauce with a frozen applesauce snowman in the middle- I added a drop of blue food coloring and mixed it in before I froze it.
*mini carrots, cherry tomato, and black olives
*red grapes and blueberries
*There are a couple of pieces of baked chicken underneath the red cupcake liners to add some protein.




Some of the things, or similar things, that is used to make this lunch:

:

2 comments: