Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Let's Have a Sock Hop

Well, I admit it......I spent waaaay to much time on this lunch. I usually don't spent a ton of time on Z's lunches, but this lunch was special. Today is the 50th day of school for Z, and his school is celebrating by having the entire day revolve around the 50's. The kids were allowed to dress like the 50's, and they get to attend a sock hop complete with RC Cola and Moon Pies. What a fun day this will be for all those kiddos!!! Of course, you cannot have a sock hop without a poodle skirt, right? So, today Z gets a poodle skirt sandwich for lunch. This was such a fun lunch to make.






This lunch is packed in Easy Lunch Boxes.
*peanut butter and all-fruit spread poodle skirt sandwich decorated with pink Wilton Color Mist and black edible food marker.. The little poodle is a sticker that I cut out and left the backing on.
*pretzel snaps
*Oreo 'record' with red fruit leather center
*black olives, sweet corn, and carrot rounds
* strawberries and blackberries with homemade 'sock hop' pick
*linked to:    Eats Amazing/ Fun Food Friday
                     Following In My Shoes/ I Heart Lunch





CUTE KID ALERT!!!!!!!!!!!
My little guy looked so cute, I just had to include a pic of him, too. He was so excited about this day. I can't wait to pick him up from school and hear all about the fun sock hop.












2 comments:

  1. So much fun! I especially love the little oreo record - cute, but not as cute as Z!
    Thank you for linking up at Fun Food Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awwww...thanks, Grace!! I'm gonna love Fun Food Friday!

    ReplyDelete