Tuesday, May 20, 2014

End of school...You're a Star lunch...

Well, the little guy has 3 days of school left. I can't believe how quickly this school year has passed. It seems like just yesterday we were buying all the new clothes and school supplies, anxiously awaiting that first day. And, now, here we are with 3 days left, and we have all lost our focus at this point. This is going to be a crazy busy week with school wrapping up, and everyday this week, the kids are having some type of fun event at school. Z has had a really good year in 1st grade, so I thought a star themed lunch seemed appropriate for my little star. I'm hoping to have time to make one more lunch before school lets out....a goodbye 1st grade lunch.

Pin It


This lunch is packed in Easy Lunch Boxes.
*star shaped Applegate bologna and cheddar cheese sandwich- I used a smaller star cutter on the top piece of bread for a window effect.
*Rold Gold honey wheat pretzel sticks
*baby carrots with ranch dressing in the star container
*Granny Smith and Gala apples- I cut the centers of the apples out with a small star cutter.
*Craisins cranberries mixed in with the apples
*linked to: Bentolunch.net/ What's for lunch Wednesday


Some of the things, or similar things, that I used to make this lunch:




2 comments:

  1. hola, hay algo que no entiendo, como hago para que la fruta no se ponga fea, desde el momento en que se parte hasta unas 3 horas despues que es cuando la consumen. gracias

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! I use a product called Fresh Fruit on the apples, pears, peaches, and plums. I sprinkle it on each piece of fruit, and then rub it in with my finger. I keeps the fruit from turning due to oxygen exposure. It works great!! You can also dip the fruit in a lemon or lime juice and water mixture. This works well, too, but not as well as the Fresh Fruit.

      Delete