Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Monday night leftovers...

Leftovers are a beautiful thing....especially when you are in hurry and need to make lunch FAST!! Monday night was crazy busy. It was a special night for my family as we attended the annual celebration of the Lord's Evening Meal at our place of worship. Kids came home from school, and it was like a tornado around our house getting homework done, dinner prepared, and lunches made. Dinner ended up being quick pizza quesadillas which my kids love. I intentionally made a few extra so I could send them in Z's lunch.

My pizzadillas are very easy and quick to make as I serve the marinara sauce on the side instead of layering it on the quesadillas (cuts down on the messiness, too). When I make these, I layer  Monterey Jack cheese, pepperoni slices, mushrooms, and onions and then cook them in a large skillet on medium heat until the cheese is melty goodness, and the tortilla shells have crisped up.


Pin It

This lunch is packed in Easy Lunch Boxes.
*leftover pizza quesadillas
*sweet corn on the cob
*black olives
*marinara sauce for dipping
*strawberry and blackberry mix
I added a few fun picks to "cutify" the lunch a bit.
*linked to: Becoming a Bentoholic/ Leftovers on Friday


Some of the things, or similar things, that I used to make this lunch:



3 comments:

  1. Isn't it great how leftovers look new when you add a few things and put them in a box? I love using leftovers in my bentos! And this looks super yummy ^_^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Aggy! Yes, I love leftovers. Makes for an easy lunch, too.

      Delete
  2. Pizzadillas?!! Yes please! Thanks for sharing at
    Leftovers on Fridays

    ReplyDelete