Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Happy little dinosaur....

All this week, my little guy's class is studying about dinosaurs. We love dinosaurs in our house. So, of course, one of his lunches had to be a dinosaur theme. I froze some of the yogurt in a dinosaur shaped Jello mold to make the frozen yogurt dino. I wish I had frozen a different colored yogurt to make it stand out more, but it's still cute. This is a great idea for keeping the yogurt cold. By lunch time, it will have thawed enough to eat. Plus, this adds a ton of cuteness to a lunch. I've seen several other food bloggers freeze yogurt like this in a variety of cute shapes....stars, animals, flowers. Any cute shape Jello mold or ice cube mold will work great. I'm on the lookout now for cute shaped molds!



Pin It


This lunch is packed in Easy Lunch Boxes.
*dinosaur shaped Applegate bologna and Colby Jack cheese sandwich with white cheddar cheese Nips for spikes (I added an additional dino shaped piece of bologna on top.)
*pretzel rod 'logs' for dino to stand on
*carrot rounds sun
*red seedless grapes in the green dino egg
*Craisins
*Yoplait vanilla yogurt with frozen yogurt stegosaurus on top
*sugar stars under the sun
*linked to:   Eats Amazing
                    Lunchbox Dad/ Throwback Thursday
                    BentoLunch.net/ What's for lunch Wednesday

Bento Lunch




Some of the things I used to make this lunch:


3 comments: