Monday, September 14, 2015

Lunch in a Lunchbots....

Well,  I finally decided to step into the world of the Lunchbots. Woop Woop!! (No, I do not live under a rock!) I have admired these little beauties for a long while now. They pop up on my Instagram, Facebook, and Pinterest pages daily, and I practically drool over all of the beautifully packed lunches. So, I decided it was time for me my little guy to have a new lunchbox. It was a pretty easy decision to make, I must admit, since Zulily was running a very special deal on them a few weeks ago. I chose the 5-compartment Lunchbots Cinco with the blue dots lid.


What are Lunchbots?
Are you unfamiliar with Lunchbots? Lunchbots are a durable, reusable, 18/8 stainless steel lunchbox. They are very sturdy and solid....nothing like those flimsy tins that Christmas cookies and treats come in. You know the ones I'm talking about. Lunchbots are dishwasher safe (Mama likey), kid-friendly, and Mother Nature friendly, meaning there is no BPA or Phthalates in them to harm us or the environment.

Plus, they are shiny, and I like shiny things!

The lid fits snugly, but it is not leakproof or water tight so I would stick to packing dryer foods in this box. If you would like to pack yogurt, applesauce or something like that, I recommend sending it in a lidded container, as you see below. Also, liquid will seep under the dividers between the compartments, so I suggest using the silicone cups for semi-wet foods like sliced strawberries (fruit), fruit salad, pasta salads, or pickles.

Lunchbots come in a variety of layouts and sizes.....2, 3, 4 and 5 compartments. They also have a fun selection of colored lids to choose from.

Pin It


Do you like the puzzle shaped sandwich? Cute, huh? This was done with the Lunch Punch cutters. Lunch Punch is a sandwich cutter set that cuts sandwiches into fun and interactive shapes while cutting off only the crusts. WOW... a fun lunch with minimum waste! The cutters are taller than regular cookie cutters which makes it easy to cut through two pieces of bread and the filling without smooshing (I love that word!) the sandwich. Awesome, huh?! They are also great for cheese, toast, cookies, and Play-Doh. Lunch Punch comes in several super fun sets sure to please the fussiest eater, and each set comes with 4 different cutters....a lot of bang for the buck. I love that! Here are some of The Lunch Punch sets. I'm using the Match & Munch set for today's lunch which is a set of puzzle shaped cutters.



This lunch is packed in the Lunchbots Cinco 5-compartment box.
  • peanut butter and cherry bubblegum jelly sandwich- you can read my post about this interesting jelly combo HERE.
  • Rold Gold pretzel thins with one chocolate covered pretzel thin for a treat
  • Sargento cheddar cheese chunks
  • baby carrots and Sunburst cherry tomatoes with Ranch dressing in the green cup for dipping
  • Oikos vanilla Greek yogurt with a few sprinkles on top- I add some strawberry purée to the yogurt for a taste boost.
  • red seedless grapes


Some of the things, or similar things, that I used to make this lunch:
 



No comments:

Post a Comment