Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Butterfly Fairy Bread sandwich

Well, spring break is over, and the kidlets are back in school. Yay!!...back to lunch making. The weather this week is forecasted to be quite springlike, and I have to admit, I am ready for it. This winter has been grueling, and I'm so looking forward to the beautiful spring flowers in my garden. My daffodils are already sprouting, and my tulips and hyacinths are not far behind. Not looking forward to my springtime allergies, but we take the good with the bad, right? Zyrtec is my friend!

The first day of spring is actually on Thursday, but were kicking off spring a bit early today with a butterfly fairy bread sandwich.

Fairy bread sandwiches are very easy to make. To make a "Fairy bread sandwich", cut out any shape of your choosing from the top slice of bread. A cookie cutter works great for this. Then, fill the cavity with any sprinkles you like. I used Wilton nonpareil sprinkles.  Simple as that! 

Pin It

This lunch is packed in Easy Lunch Boxes.
*peanut butter and all-fruit spread fairy bread sandwich with butterfly cutout
*pretzel snaps
*red cherry tomatoes, carrot rounds (I cut the centers out with a mini butterfly cutter.), and sugar snap peas...I fully expect the peas to come home this afternoon.
*blackberries and black seedless grapes
*linked to: Funky Polkadot Giraffe/ Too Cute Tuesday
                  BentoLunch.net/ What's for lunch Wednesday
                  Sun Scholars/ For the Kids Friday


Some of the things, or similar things, that I used to make this lunch:


No comments:

Post a Comment