Monday, December 2, 2013

Funbites fun....

Having a little fun with one of my favorite cutters today, the Funbites Shaped Food Cutter



Today's lunch is made using the Funbites Cube It cutter. The little guy loves foods served on a stick, and these little squares are the perfect size for the smaller food picks. The Funbites cutters are great for fruits and veggies, too. I used it to cut the carrots into cute square shapes. The second lunch above was made using the Funbites Cube It, also. You can see this lunch HERE.


The Funbites cutter is very easy to use. I think through trial and error I have finally perfected the knack of using it to cut PB&J's without making a big 'ole scary mess. Here's how:
1) Spread the peanut butter and jelly (or whatever you are using) on the bottom slice of bread, but do not top it with the other slice.
2) Place the top slice on a flat surface and press the Funbites cutter onto it. Do not pop the bread pieces out yet.
3) Take the cutter with the bread pieces still in the grid and place it on top of the slice with the peanut butter and jelly.
4) Press the Funbites cutter into the bottom slice and rock the cutter back and forth to make the cuts.
5) Now use the popper piece to push the cubes out of the cutter.  No muss no fuss no coconuts!!


Pin It


This lunch is packed in the ever awesome Easy Lunch Boxes.
*peanut butter and strawberry all-fruit spread sandwich cut with Funbites Cube It.
*pretzel crisps
*carrot squares cut with the Funbites Cube It
*Granny Smith apple slices
*Yoplait dye-free yogurt with bear pick
*grapes in the suitcase food cup and blueberries
*linked to: Bento for Kidlet/ Meatless Monday
*linked to:BentoLunch.net/ What's for lunch Wednesday

Bento Lunch


Some of the things I used to make this lunch:
Suitcase style silicone food cup




4 comments:

  1. I've seen the cutter but haven't purchased it yet, I might since I've read your description and besides that sandwich looks so cute cut up into those tiny cubes.

    I never cut my daughters vegetables or fruit into cubes until I started checking out bento blogs. While she ate her produce before, she usually consumes them all since I started cutting them into bite size pieces. I use the cutters to make them fancy. :)

    Have you done a post about all the bento tools you use? I'm always fascinated to see what others are using. I'm new to preparing bento inspired lunches. Over the past few weeks, I've acquired a small stash of bento lunch tools they were purchased based on what some of my favorite bento bloggers are using. You're on that list. I discovered your blog last week. I've been reading your posts since that time. They're very informative and you're talented! )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Opal....nice to see you visiting again. I have the Funbites cutter in the heart shapes, too, but haven't used it yet. My son likes his food cut up into little sizes also. I haven't done a post about the tools I use, but that is a great idea. I will definitely work on putting something together for that. Not sure I would call myself talented, but I really enjoy making these lunches for my little guy, and he loves them. I know your daughter loves her fun food, too. Thanks for stopping by!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well if you do decide to write that post and are an Amazon associate, I'll purchase through your link. I'll do that for the above sandwich cutter, if you provide a link to that. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Opal, I've just today got my approval as an Amazon associate. What a kind thing to do. I probably won't write the Yumbox review until the end of December when my kids are home for winter break. Please don't feel like you have to wait on me. I visited your blog today, too. You have a lot of good stuff on there!! Great job!

    ReplyDelete