Friday, November 15, 2013

Mimi's spaghetti is the Bomb.....

Last night, we went to my mom and dad's for dinner....Mimi and Pa to my boys. There are 2 things you should know about Mimi: 1) she makes the most delicious spaghetti EVER, and 2) Mimi only knows how to cook for 50 people. I definitely benefit from both of these things as my kids devour her spaghetti as if they haven't eaten in a week, and I get to bring home copious amounts of spaghetti leftovers. YAY for leftovers!!!! YAY for Mimi!!!!

So, of course, lunch today for both boys is spaghetti. A few posts ago,  I sent mac and cheese in a thermos for Z's lunch for the first time. He liked the thermos idea very much. A thermos is a great idea for sending hot foods for lunch. Paired with 3 of his other favorite foods- corn, strawberries, and yogurt- I expect this lunch box to come home completely empty.

I added a few homemade puppy picks for a bit of cuteness.




In this lunch:
*Mimi's amazing spaghetti served in a Thermos.
*sweet corn and red cherry tomatoes
*strawberries
*Yoplait Trix yogurt (We love the Trix  yogurt. It has no artificial colors or sweeteners and tastes great.)
*green olives and Applegate bologna rolls
*linked to: Becoming a Bentoholic/ Leftovers on Friday



Some of the things I used to make this lunch:
10oz Thermos
Baking Buddies silicone baking cups


3 comments:

  1. YUM! I am going to come over and try Mimi's spaghetti! Thanks for linking up at Leftovers on Fridays

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have enjoyed scrolling through your blog at all the cute lunches you have done. My daughter is almost 3 and will love these lunches!! I am always looking to improve my spaghetti. Would your mom be willing to share her recipe?
    Thank you!! i am feeling inspired to have fun with my girl's lunches :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Christie! I would be glad to share her recipe if there were an actual recipe to share. My mom is the type of cook that just starts cooking and ends up with a great meal. She's been cooking so long that everything she cooks are her own creations, no actual recipes. Here are a couple of things that I like about her spaghetti...she uses whole button mushrooms (great, if you like mushrooms) in it, and uses 2 types of meat, ground beef and ground sausage. She uses a store bought sauce, but jazzes it up with her own spices and such.

      Delete