Monday, November 3, 2014

Crescent Roll Pizza Puffs

Hi Friends! WOW!! I can't believe its November 3rd. It seems like forever since I've posted a lunch. We have been crazy busy since we got home from the mountains. This time of the year is always hectic for us, it seems. Dinnertime has been especially chaotic as my hubby has been working late the last couple of weeks. The hubs had to work this Saturday, too, so I decided to make these crescent roll pizza puffs for the kidlets and me for dinner. We LOVE these things! I go a bit crazy for the crescent rolls alone, but fill those crispy, flaky rolls with gooey, melted mozzarella cheese and pepperoni, and you have an undescribable foodie match. Oh Yeah!!

I paired these with a salad and applesauce, and I let the kids have a picnic in the den while watching How To Train Your Dragon 2. They were some happy boys! Added bonus....these little gems are tailgating fare at its finest, and they are great appetizers for that big game day party. They are very easy to make, too. The recipe for these is all over Pinterest. They are very popular. So, I'm not gonna reinvent the wheel and repost the recipe, but if you want a quickie recipe link, click HERE.

The only change that I make to the Pillsbury recipe is that I use block mozzerella cheese. Some recipes for these call for the wrapped mozzerella sticks, but we are not a fan of those. Shredded mozzarella will work, too. One of the great things about this recipe is that you can mix it up any way you like. I make these crescent puffs with ham and cheddar cheese, and they are delish! Turkey and Swiss cheese would be great, too. The possibilities are endless with these, so pick up a couple of cans of crescent rolls at your next grocery visit, and create some yumminess.



Pin It


This lunch is packed in Easy Lunch Boxes.
  • Pillsbury crescent roll pizza puffs with marinara sauce for dipping
  • black olives
  • cantaloupe cubes
  • red and orange cherry tomatoes with Ranch dressing for dipping
  • square of brownie brittle

Some of the things, or similar things, that I used to make this lunch:




2 comments:

  1. Crescent rolls are really versatile. And that green cup that has the marinara in it looks awesome! Where did it come from?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there! Thanks! The green silicone cup came from Allthingsforsale sale.com. Click on the "sauce container" tab and you will find them.

    ReplyDelete