Friday, February 6, 2015

Qt pie lunch...

Hearts make such a cute lunch, don't they? Luckily, my little guy loves hearts, and he doesn't mind them in his lunch. February is the month where hearts are everywhere, aren't they? Hearts in February are usually associated with Valentine's Day, but I love hearts in Februay for another reason. February is the month that the American Heart Association has set aside as healthy heart month. And, heart health is very important to me. I love to make heart themed lunches in February to support this worthy cause. So, I like to do several heart lunches throughout the month.

We have this candy store here in the M-town that is A-MA-ZING. Dinstuhls's makes all homemade candies that are devine. In February, they feature milk chocolate covered strawberries, blueberries, and raspberries, and I love, love, love the strawberries! The hubs always picks up a couple of boxes of each for me us. Dinstuhl's also had these milk chocolate hearts with strawberry cream center, and he picked some of these up for the boys. They were pretty yummy, too. It's a good thing these candies are only available around Valentine's day....my waistline would be in trouble!


Pin It

This lunch is packed in Easy Lunch Boxes.
  • Applegate bologna and cheddar cheese sandwich- I used a small heart shaped cutter on the top piece of bread and put the candy heart in the cutout area.
  • Dinstuhl's milk chocolate heart with strawberry cream center
  • Pirate's Booty white cheddar puffs
  • natural applesauce with strawberry heart
  • green beans with Ranch dressing on the "Qt pie" box


Some of the things, or similar things, that I used to make this lunch:




No comments:

Post a Comment