Friday, January 23, 2015

A Whole Foods Market lunch...

Whole Foods Market....I LOVE Whole Foods. I walk in and I'm suddenly in a hypnotic food trance. I love the variety of interesting fruit choices. I love the unique fish and seafood selections. But, I ADORE their deli area with all the delicious different salad and prepared food choices. My lovely sister and I spent waaaay too much time there yesterday. The hubs always clutches his wallet with a death grip when he knows that I'm going. Going to Whole Foods is like going to Costco....it's impossible to leave without spending a bazonker amount of moolah. Am I right? Hence, I can only visit Whole Foods every couple of months or so. Much to my hubby's delight, though, my Whole Foods haul was quite modest this time. I'd like to share a few of the things that I bought:
Fresh squeezed orange juice- WF has a machine that squeezes the orange juice fresh on the spot. A-MA-ZING!!
Tequila Lime catfish fillets- delish!!
Nonni's Thinaddictives cranberry almond thins
Murcott honey mandarins
Sun dried tomato and salmon bisque- super yum!
California quinoa salad- This salad was so good that I'm going to make a copy-cat recipe.
Balsamic grilled chicken strips
Orange mashed yams with cranberries
Asian pears
Garlicky kale salad- This did not go over as well as the California quinoa salad.

So, today's lunch features some of the things from my Whole Foods shopping trip.


Pin It

This lunch is packed in Easy Lunch Boxes.
  • WF balsamic grilled chicken
  • Rold Gold pretzels
  • Babybel cheese
  • Nonni's Thinaddictives cranberry almond thins
  • WF quinoa salad- This salad was delicious! The quinoa was mixed with almond slices, red onion, raisins, mango, coconut flakes, edamame, and red pepper with a very light balsamic dressing. My little guy loves balsamic dressing, so I included a bit more in the froggy container.
  • red seedless grapes and Murcott honey mandarin slices- These Murcott mandarins were so sweet and delicious.
Some of the things, or similar things, that I used to make this lunch:




No comments:

Post a Comment