Friday, February 21, 2014

Fast cars and ROYGBIV...

Happy Friday, Friends!! Boy, what a busy week this has been. My oldest son is in the advanced chorus at school, and it's that time of the year for them to participate in every singing competition out there. So, this week has been filled with after school practices, uniform fittings, and the like. There's been little time for blog posts....oh well! That's the life of a mom and I love it. I'm sure many of you out there know exactly what I'm talking about.

So, I'm going to combine 2 lunches in this post.

First up....a car and street sign themed lunch. I love these stamped car shaped sandwiches. So cute!!!


Pin It

This lunch is packed in Easy Lunch Boxes.
*stamped car shaped Applegate bologna and cheddar cheese sandwiches
*Applegate hotdog pieces
*strawberries and grapes
*carrot rounds and a pickle
*Bugles
*pasta salad in the blue cup
*linked to : Sun Scholars/ For the Kids Friday
 


Lunch #2 has a rainbow theme. How many of you remember the acronym used to remember the colors in the rainbow? Yep....ROYGBIV....so strange that I have never forgotten that. So, this is a ROYGBIV lunch minus the I for indigo....not enough room in the box for Indigo, plus I didn't really have an indigo colored food handy. Sorry indigo! I added an extra bit of fun with coordinating color crayon shaped food picks.


Pin It


This lunch is packed in a Lock-n-Lock rectangle storage container.
*Applegate hotdog pieces
*carrot rounds and orange bell pepper sticks
*cheddar cheese Ritz Bitz
*green olives and baby dill pickles
*Trix cotton candy flavored yogurt (We love Trix yogurt. It has no artificial colors, preservatives, or sweeteners, and it tastes great.)
*purple seedless grapes and Craisins
                  BentoLunch.net/ What's for lunch Wednesday


Some of the things, or similar things, that I used to make this lunch:



The cute car shaped cutters and stamps can be found HERE



2 comments:

  1. What fun lunches! Just LOVE the ROYGBIV one - the colors are just awesome. and yeah, indigo always throws me off. I think they just stuck that one in there so there wouldn't be 4 vowels in a row. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love both of these lunches! They are too cute!

    ReplyDelete